Why Kehila Heschel
How do the teachings of Rabbi Abraham Joshua Heschel impact our school?
Why are we called Hamilton Kehila Heschel?
There are many ways, here are some examples:
- The School is interdenominational. We look at what we have in common with all 4 movements and teach that.
- The School is traditional, inclusive and egalitarian.
- The School has a robust environmental focus and children are taught the Judaic principals regarding caring for the earth. Tending the Garden is a part of the Curriculum.
- The School views the Universal through a Jewish lens. Eg. What does Judaism teach us about our obligations to take care of others?
- The School teaches through an integrated approach while not forsaking the integrity of each particular subject. Integration involves
- General and Jewish Studies
- Interdisciplinary Integration
- Arts Integration
- Values/Ethics integration
- The School is very involved in Social Action projects that emanate from the Curriculum.